Shell’s Renewables & Energy Solutions (RES) business was created in 2016 and leads the development and growth of Shell’s integrated power business, including low-carbon sources like wind and solar, new mobility options like electric vehicle charging and lower-carbon fuel options like hydrogen for industry and road transport. Shell continues to provide customers with more renewable and low-carbon power, helping customers to switch to these options through energy solutions and decarbonisation services.
What’s the role?
As a Commercial Originator you’ll develop and grow RES B2B NL’s position in power (while grasping commercial opportunities in gas and carbon) with large industrial and commercial customers. This encompasses innovative and complex cross-commodity and cross-divisional solutions including risk management solutions, low carbon energy solutions, long term supply, behind-the-meter-energy solutions.
Other responsibilities are:
- Lead the identification, preparation, negotiation, internal mandating, execution, deal management, relationship management and post-deal value optimization of opportunities
- To network and liaise effectively with other functions and departments ensuring optimum co-ordination and identification of synergistic opportunities. To manage complex interfaces and other inter-functional issues
- Execution of contract is key to ensure that all contractual obligations and deadlines are met in time.
- To monitor very closely credit performance and consumption trends of the customers, and proactively intervene when there are issues.
- Be on top of commercial, regulatory and legislative developments related to the energy market in NL
What we need from you?
We’re keen to speak from individuals with relevant commercial experience in power and gas industries and proven track record of success in business development/trading/sales. You’ll also call on your degree demonstrating numeracy skills.
Furthermore, we hope you possess the following skills:
- Commercial acumen including proven negotiating skills and risk/issues management leading to a clear ability to conclude deals
- Familiarity with risk identification and management: for each new deal, promptly see which the risks involved and ability to describe and discuss them with opportunity team members and support functions/departments.
- Knowledge and competence in: Guarantees of Origins, Power Purchase Agreements, Carbon Certificates
- Familiar with the evolving trends in decarbonisation (green gas, green power, NBS, CSS, hydrogen)
- Solid analytical capabilities in deal definition and structure, origination, and implementation
- A goal-oriented commercial professional with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Very good communication/presentation skills in written and spoken English and Dutch.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.